May 16, 2008

Insta-cast goodness

Minstrels in LotRO are the primary healing class. But they also have pretty good soloing abilities. One thing I love about dps'ing my Minstrel is the huge number of ranged instant-cast nukes that I've got. Basically every single dps skill is a insta-cast. The ability to use dps skills while moving makes for a very mobile gameplay - a stark contrast to most other casters I have played so far. And I have to say that I absolutely love that.

If I get back to WoW then I will probably have to give moonkins a serious try.

Another thing is that the Minstrel skill-system is nicely designed. You have to think a bit instead of just spamming a single button. All the dps skills have a short cooldown. And they all have a buff or debuff component that makes picking a spell rotation interesting. Do I want the attack speed buff, more armour, or the extra damage debuff on the target?

No comments: