May 20, 2008

Age of Conan looks like a keeper

It looks like the Early Access for Age of Conan is a success. All reports indicate that the servers are working, clients are mostly stable, and the game seems to offer some fun.

What it doesn't appear to be is a "WoW-killer". At least not in the PvE parts. The gameplay is the usual mix of playing an errand boy, do "kill ten rats" quests, finish the storyline quest-arcs, and all the other typical MMORPG stuff. My impression from the early reviews is that it is basically a solid WoW clone with a different style of graphics. And that is fine with me!

Fresh content and a gameplay that doesn't suck makes it is a winner in my book. I won't rush out and buy it asap, but will rather give it two or three months to mature. There is still a lot of content for me to explore in LotRO till then. And I will probably need a new computer to enjoy the gorgeous graphics as more than a five-frames-per-second slideshow.

No comments: