March 03, 2008

Memorabilia

Blizzard is devaluing the previous accomplishments of the players with each expansion. The gear reset pretty much wipes out everything you have achieved in the game before. You killed Onyxia, Ragnaros, Hakar, C'thun, and dozens of others? Too bad, nobody will know. Here is a new batch of bosses, kthxbye. The simple reason is that gear is almost always the only reward you get for killing a boss.

WoW is missing something like player-titles or housing with some kind of memorabilia display. I would love to have a collection of treasures from the various adventures I had over the years. A claw from Onyxia, some bubbling lava from Ragnaros, maybe the head of one of the bloody Sons of Arugal that run around near the Sepulcher - on a spike ...

I treasure some old things too much to throw them away, like my Benediction staff or my first mount for example. It would be great if I could store them somewhere other than in the small bank.

Give me a house where I can put old gear-sets on a dummy. Give me a cozy fireplace with Onyxia's head mounted on the wall above. Give me one of the dancing skeletons from Razorfen Downs as an anatomical exhibit in my library. Give me copies of the various books filled with the warcraft lore. Give me a kitchen where I can prepare a filet of the Lurker Below and some murloc sushi. Give me a stable for my old mounts and my various mini pets. I am tired of PETA members trying to free them from my cramped bags!

No comments: